Schedule of Arrivals

Saturday, July 12, 2008

John Visits West Virginia: 8

Hi, it's me, John A., again. Today both Pops and GrandMom are going to help me tell you how I celebrated America's birthday in 2008.

The day started off as most of my days at GrandMom and Pops' house start. With me in my room going for my toy chest. Today, I concentrated on my trucks. First, I just simply loaded and unloaded them, particularly this one circus truck that was my favorite (and Mommy told me it was one of her favorite ones as well). Then I did what I like to do with a lot of things, I made a train of trucks. Lastly, I decided I would ride one of them!

I also got out my drum and joined with Pops for a little singing and drumming. We did it in what I now call "the music corner."

But don't forget, I was also on vacation with my Daddy and my Mommy, and I enjoyed having a good time with them as well. I enjoyed a game of "climbing on Daddy." I followed this with the related game of "climbing on Mommy." Finally, all that activity made all of us sleepy. So we all joined together in a "family nap."



I must confess I have grown a bit weary of all these pictures of late and have taken to repeating a phrase I often hear at school "No pictures please." Of course, when I found my Mommy's old toy camera, that was a different story.

And I didn't forget GrandMom on this happy day. She and I engaged in several very vigorous games of "Patty Cake." I patted and rolled right along with her, not missing a beat.

The weather was threatening all day so Pops decided to have our "cook-out" indoors. He did attempt to build a small fire so we could roast Marshmellows, but alas, it was too small for it never took. Thus this picture you see of Mommy and me "roasting marshmellows" was largely "staged." There was little fire and it was definitely not hot.

That didn't dampen our spirits however, and Mommy insisted that both Daddy and I try that good old Girl Scout Standby: Smores.

Then I did, what Ilove to do. I made a train. Then I had Mommy and Daddy ride with me on my train. We had a good time.

We had originally planned on going down to the levee in Charleston for the fireworks show. But because of the weather we decided not to go. So Mommy, Daddy and I went back to the motel. Then I got a big surprise. The community near our Motel had their own fire works show. Read my "other" blog what I thought of it.

John A.

No comments: