Schedule of Arrivals

Thursday, July 10, 2008

John Visits West Virginia: 5

Hi, this is me, John A., again, with another report on my recent trip to visit GrandMom and Pops in West Virginia. Those of you who are "avid" readers of my work are familiar with the fact that my Pops has been helping me with my work. Well, for this posting, I not only had the help of my Pops, I also had the help of GrandMom. Thanks GrandMom!

Let me first start off by saying that one the things I want to make sure everyone knows, for me, this was a "working vacation." That is to say, I worked at several tasks while I was in West Virginia. For example, as the shot on the right shows, one day I helped Pops by washing apples for use in his applesauce. Then too, several times I helped GrandMom and Mommy by either loading or unloading the dishwasher (sometimes whether it needed it or not).



As you know from my previous post with Pops, I also helped Mommy and Daddy open presents. I also helped Mommy by showing her how what she thought was a new blouse, actually made a terrific shawl.










Of course, this being GrandMom, she had to take some embarrassing pictures of me taking a bath. Now most of you know this is a "family" site, and you might be offended by these next few shots, and indeed, as you can see by the shot on the left, I tried to warn GrandMom. But GrandMoms will be GrandMoms. And so, I "gave in" as I guess Hanna Montana did, and let her have a shot. Oh, I tell you it is embarrassing sometimes being a Grandson.




But, all in all, it was a nice family time, and I enjoyed being able to spend some time with my Mommy and my Daddy, as well as with GrandMom and Pops.
Well, that is it for today.
John A.




No comments: