Schedule of Arrivals

Friday, July 4, 2008

John Visits West Virginia: 2

Hi, this is me, John A., again. Once more my Pops has let me use his blog to tell you about my recent trip to West Virginia.


On our second day there, Sunday, we started off by going to church with GrandMom and Pops. Their church is Cross Lanes United Methodist Church. During the service, Pops and I went up to the altar rail for the "Children's Sermon." When Ms Cindy finished her talk and asked everyone to hold hands for a prayer, I grabbed onto her finger for all I was worth, and I didn't let go easily! Later on in the service, Mommy took me out to the toddler's waiting room. The rest of the kids had gone to Junior Church, but there was still an attendant there to be with me. And so I stayed and boy did I have fun! I found several trucks and did my favorite activity, I made a "train" out of the trucks. Finally, Mommy, Daddy, GrandMom and Pops came to get me and we went home. I had a lot of fun at church!

When we got to GrandMom and Pop's house we had a grand celebration. First, we got to celebrate Father's Day again with my Daddy. Those of you who are regular followers of my "other" blog, know that this was a second celebration. I participated by helping Daddy open his gift from GrandMom and Pops.

Next, it was time for me to help Mommy open her birthday presents. She had several and I helped her open each one.



I later helped her by modeling" one of her gifts, it was a blouse, but I thought it made a much better neck-piece! She didn't think so, and eventually she took it back. But I still think it would have made a fine neck-piece!

Later we went outside and played. Daddy had gone back to the Motel Room to watch the World Cup Soccer Match. But I had my own Soccer Game. And of course, I scored the winning goal! Then to celebrate, Mommy got out the bubble mix and she and I blew bubbles for a while.







Then she found a Dandelion and she and I "took turns" blowing away the seeds so Pops' yard would have a lot more Dandelions next year (strangely he did not seem to happy about that prospect).

We finally went back inside where I played with my circus truck until it was time for dinner, followed by Mommy's birthday cake.







I had a lot of fun today!

John A.

No comments: