Schedule of Arrivals

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cape Perpetua Scenic Area Oregon

Journey to a Land of Water Wind and Fire

Part B: The Oregon Coast I b

I tried once again today to upload the video I shot of Cape Perpetua and the surrounding ocean. The first time, it did not take. But I persevered and the second time:

The sound you may be hearing is roaring in the background. Some of that is from the surf, and some of it is from the winds. And with that, there is a story.

For some years now, I have tried to give a "Title" to all of our travels. I picked up this habit from taking several W&M Alumni trips. It is something they do. Anyway, I originally entitled this trip "Journey to a Land of Water and Fire." However, after spending 3 days on the coast in constant wind, and another 3 days of wind up at Crater Lake, A. said: "You know we need to ask J. if it is always this windy out here." Well, we did, and basically his answer was "Most of the time." So, I changed the name of our trip and added "Wind."

No comments: